CR

CR

Monday, February 24, 2014

Training Summary - Week of 2/17/14-2/23/14

Well last week blew by me like a Kenyan marathoner through an aid station, and one of the unfortunate casualties of a hectic schedule was blogging. I'm going to need to make a decision as to the level of commitment I am going to be able to make to writing every day - so far, that commitment has been lacking. We'll see how it goes. In the meantime, mileage is going to start ramping up ahead of the 2 big ultras I have in the coming months: Grasslands 50 mile at the end of March and then Miwok 100k in early May. Last week was relatively easy with a good mix of strength training and easy zone 2 running.

MONDAY: Runner Strength/Lunge Matrix
TUESDAY: Endurance build run - 13.70 mi, 1:42:22
WEDNESDAY: Weight Training - Chest & Back
THURSDAY: Endurance build run - 12.50 mi, 1:37:55
FRIDAY: Recovery run - 7.26 mi, 1:06:04
SATURDAY: Day Off
SUNDAY: Endurance build run - 13.50 mi, 1:40:50

Total weekly mileage: 46.96 miles

I had the opportunity to watch the Cowtown races from the sidelines yesterday. There's nothing like being a spectator and/or volunteering at a race that gets the competitive fires going, particularly when you see so many familiar faces out on the course! I'm going to get around to running the Cowtown marathon or ultra here one of these days, as it's my "hometown" race - but until I do it's fun cheering family and friends as they navigate the streets of Fort Worth. Good times!