CR

CR

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Miles for the Coach

I'm so incredibly inspired by my amazing teammates with PrsFit and my friends in the Idiots Running Club. I know I have said this before but it bears repeating. Folks from every walk of life, from across the country and around the world, are trying to embrace life and the good things that an active lifestyle can provide. From professional triathletes to first time 5k runners, our crazy groups have brought people together in an environment of mutual encouragement and support. I understand that there are those who don't subscribe to the theory that social media can have a positive impact but I have seen it firsthand, and for those who do have the guts to share their experiences (both good and bad), I salute you.

A few posts ago I mentioned a dear friend who is taking on cancer. The friend in question is my coach, who has made his fight public and is going to run - on a treadmill - for 24 HOURS - for prostrate cancer awareness and treatment. He is an incredibly gifted athlete and the model of health, but as it has been noted in innumerable examples, any of us could be touched by this disease. You can read his blog post here