CR

CR

Monday, March 3, 2014

Training summary - week of 2/24/14-3/2/14

Had a solid week of work as the clock ticks ever closer to my 50 mile and 100k adventures a few weeks from now. The objective is to stay healthy, and aside from a little pang here and there, so far, so good. I feel completely recovered from Rocky Raccoon 100 mile a few weeks ago and am optimistic that even though Grasslands 50 mile is a "training run" I will be able to run well and post a decent time (weather permitting - you never know in March in Texas). I'm pleased with my nutrition as well and have continued to simplify my diet while focusing on the healthy fats, the fruits and veggies, and lean proteins (mainly fish and chicken).

MONDAY - 1 hour runner stability (strength/core)
TUESDAY - 14.10 miles, endurance with surges (1:57:33)
WEDNESDAY - 13.60 miles, endurance with surges (1:51:01)
THURSDAY - Strength work, chest & back
FRIDAY - Rest day (foam roll & stretch)
SATURDAY - 17.00 miles, endurance with surges (2:10:58)
SUNDAY - 13.75 miles, endurance with surges and freezing rain! (1:56:19)

Total weekly mileage = 58.45 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment