CR

CR

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Weekly Training - 3/3/14 - 3/9/14

Ah, the build week. With 2 weeks to go until Grasslands 50 my coach bumped up the mileage pretty significantly, throwing a long back-to-back on Tuesday and Wednesday at me with a 50k training run on Saturday. I felt a little worn out by the end of Wednesday’s run and I did not want to invite problems so I dropped a recovery run on Friday in favor of the spin bike (more for the sake of avoiding any problems on Saturday’s run than anything). Taking the extra day to cross train did the trick – despite some adverse weather conditions on Saturday (but really, who isn’t experiencing THAT this year?) I got the 31 miles in and followed it up with a solid run again on Sunday on a much more pleasant afternoon. I was also able to get a couple good strength workouts in and continue what has been a long stretch of getting my prescribed workouts in without interruption for injury or illness. I’m looking forward to a change of scenery in my long runs over the next couple weeks with a trip to run with friends in Missouri next weekend then the 50 mile race the following week.

MONDAY – Downhill strength/Lower Body Strength
TUESDAY – 15.4 miles, endurance build with surges, 2:01:00
WEDNESDAY – 18.1 miles, endurance build with surges, 2:20:11
THURSDAY – Stretch and foam roll
FRIDAY – 1 hour spin bike for recovery
SATURDAY – 31.10 miles, endurance run, 4:20:49
SUNDAY – 18.1 miles, endurance build with surges, 2:27:19

Total Weekly Mileage – 82.7 miles


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment