CR

CR

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

So after a week and a half of no meat I have begun the questioning process of whether this program is actually the best thing for me long-term. Having suffered from anemia in the past, and the accompanying exhaustion that goes with it, I am extremely sensitive to my body's needs for protein, iron, and the amino acids that form the building blocks of healthy immune system function and muscle recovery. Having said that I am also aware of the questionable sources from which most of our typical meat products originate.

I am inclined to deduce at this point that I am over-thinking this. The simple fact is that my body needs protein. At this point I am not convinced that I have the requisite knowledge to get that protein from only plant-based sources. So my journey continues. I have much to learn.

As far as training goes, it hit me today that I only have a couple of weeks until my next ultra. I charted 12 miles today and should get in a solid 18-20 tomorrow. I have a 3-day running weekend ahead of me as well that should get me to around 80 for the week. We'll see how the mileage adds up but outside of a trail marathon I will run on Sunday my training will be on relatively flat or rolling roads with little or no technical terrain to navigate. I am hoping that the speed that I'm able to maintain on these runs will carry over to the 60k at the end of the month. 




No comments:

Post a Comment