CR

CR

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Aches n' Pains

I am dealing with a little bit of frustration on a couple of fronts today - both as a result of some (hopefully) minor physical infirmities. I somehow managed to twist my right leg yesterday that caused a sharp pain in my right knee. I was able to walk it off, but the pain came back again today when I was getting up from the floor at the gym after completing a set of core exercises. I am in hopes that I will not lose any time on the running circuit this weekend as a result. I have had similar issues with my knees before and it does not usually inhibit my running. So I will remain optimistic.

I also continue to struggle with the residual aches and pains in my right rib cage. My attempts to do a full upper body and core strength workout today were unsuccessful, as the muscles are not yet ready to respond to the demands of such a routine. I am more than a little disappointed as it has now been 3 weeks since I have been able to get any quality strength training in. 

My schedule over the next few weeks is quite robust. I am going to remain optimistic that I will be able to heal and recover while still maintaining my mileage, and I will have to hope that my lack of strength work will not prove to be detrimental to the tasks at hand. The thought has crossed my mind that perhaps I am pushing too hard - that even though I do not feel like the schedule and the events on my calendar are more than I can handle, there may yet be a need to allow myself more rest than what I have allowed in the last month since Miwok. I don't plan to make any changes at this point but it is certainly something to consider. 

Telluride, Colorado, where I will be recharging my batteries next month. (www.nowmontrose.com)


   

No comments:

Post a Comment