CR

CR

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Sadly the lottery gods did not smile upon me this year (again) and there will be no Western States 100 in my near future. That doesn't mean it's still not a part of my long-term plans, but in the meantime I have decided that I need to change things up a bit. To that end, I am taking a break from the trails for just for a little while.

From a mental standpoint I'm feeling a little burned out. I'm not really excited about charging full steam ahead into 2016 with 2 big ultras on the docket in the first 2 months of the year (Bandera 100k and Rocky Raccoon 100). I know I could finish them, but my hope is that by stepping back a bit I could allow my body the chance to rest and rebuild and set myself up for better races later in the year.

So it's back to the roads for a bit for me. I am looking forward to a period of some easy running and strength training for a few weeks before starting a marathon program in the spring in preparation for Boston. I'll probably throw in some shorter, faster races like 10k's and a half marathon or two along the way. The trails will still be there - in fact  I intend to fulfill my 2016 Western States qualifier at either the Wasatch Front 100 in Utah or Grindstone 100 in Virginia (part 2). But for now, a different path is before me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment