CR

CR

Monday, October 12, 2015

Going back to Cactus....




In light of the demise of my Grindstone 100 plans, I've shifted my focus toward a return to the hills of central Texas for Cactus Rose 100 later this month. I think that from a physical fitness standpoint I am in a pretty good place right now. After my difficult 30-hour epic ordeal from last year I think I still have something to prove to myself out there. As it stands right now I'll be following the same schedule as late 2014-early 2015: Cactus Rose 100 in a few weeks, followed by a few weeks of rest before I gear up for the gauntlet of the Bandera 100k in January, Rocky Raccoon 100 in February, and Boston Marathon in April. I'm looking forward to improving on my ultra distance races and then seeing how things shake out in Boston. I think I may have worked a few things out in training that could help - not to mention I've spent the summer preparing for a mountain race. We'll see how it comes together on race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment