CR

CR

Monday, March 23, 2015

Taking A Sabbatical......

March 26th
.....or maybe not! One of the nice things about being the President, CEO, and sole proprietor of a blog is that you have he latitude to change your mind without taking it through a committee. Apparently, the cure for a huge case of writer's block is to declare that you are taking a break from writing. Since this post I've had a flood of ideas that I would like to write about, first and foremost my race experiences over the last 2 weeks. Further, I will be pacing and crewing at a 100 for friends this weekend - an experience I look forward to sharing as well. I'm going to continue my reflection on how to improve my writing and my presentation, but for now at least, it's game back on! And without further adieu, I offer my race recaps from the last two weeks....





So I think it is about time to "call it" on version 1.0 of my blog. You can only write so many race reports and comment about running in general before it seems that most of what you write becomes sort of repetitive (to me, anyway). I am at a point where I am trying to decide what direction to take next. I enjoy writing, I obviously enjoy running, and I think that there's a place for a blog in my life to exist beside my other hobbies and passions. 

Yet for right now my objective is to come up with a new direction and purpose for this little exercise that is a little more clear-cut. Do I want to write about running? Life? Matters of faith and other subjects that may transcend running? What about my other hobbies and interests? Food and social activities? All of the above? NONE of the above? Should this even be a blog about me at all? Should I offer commentary on social issues? The topics of the day? Essays? Short stories? So many questions!

So I think a short break is in order. I am going to peruse other blogs and periodicals for a while to determine a path forward. I'd like to come up with a new "look" as well. And I'll be searching for that muse to give me some direction. In the mean time I will leave my previous race reports and other posts active in the off chance that they could provide some help to others preparing for a race (or just for posterity's sake).

Be back after a while. See you on the trails - pax et bonum!





No comments:

Post a Comment